Published on 20th August 2020 at 13:05.
Well done to all the clubs and societies for all the money you have fundraised for charities this year - despite everything else going on!
Charity donated to:
BSMS Emergency Medicine
BSMS Paediatric Society
Dog Walking Soc
Food Waste Cafe
Friends of David Nott Foundation
I too am Sussex
International Development Society (SIDS)
Air Ambulance Kent, Surrey, Sussex
Covid 19 - Lontani Ma Uniti
David Nott Foundation
Gatwick Detainees Welfare Group
Hungry At Home
MIND Brighton & Hove
Ocean Stars Trust
Real Junk Food Project
Refugee Community Kitchen
Small Dog Rescue
The Clock Tower Sanctuary
Wild at Heart Foundation
Sussex students continue to make us proud, and it's clear that they are changing the world for the better:
- You guys have donated to a great variety of different worthwhile charities, from Stonewall (Women’s Football) to the Small Dog Rescue (Dog Walking Soc).
- You have donated a total of £13,570.95, with an average donation of £542.84. You have helped feed, medicate, and enable opportunities for these deserving charities and we want to celebrate what you have achieved!
- Most of your money went to supporting MIND Brighton & Hove, who are working to promote good mental health in our city and across Sussex.
- A special congratulations goes to BSMS Raising and Giving who raised a whopping £6,803.80 for three well-deserving charities: Street Child, MIND B&H and MindOut.
- Well done to all the other clubs and societies that have donated money separately from the union, your efforts don’t go unnoticed! We look forward to seeing what fundraising you do this year!
*These figures are from the amounts donated via the Student Union and do not include those donated by an individual society.