Published on 15th June 2020 at 17:51.
Monday, 15 June
Your Officer team met with the University today and discussed the following:
- The mortuary on campus: Officers shared students' views on this and fed back that it would be good to have it removed, if possible.
- Housing swaps: Some students are having difficulty with swaps at the moment. The University has committed to following this up with the Housing team.
- Visas: For Masters students who need to defer their dissertations, the team asked if the University would be supporting these students with further visa applications. And in response to a student's question about whether the University would be supporting students in seeking visa extensions (for those deferring their theses to a date after their visas expire), the University advised getting in touch with their Immigration team at [email protected] due to the technical nature of the question.
- Ex Gratia scheme: The University stated that an announcement can be expected today (Monday) or tomorrow (Tuesday).
- January graduation: At the moment, this is proceeding as planned.
- Communications: Officers impressed on the University the need for transparency when updating students on current issues.
Update at 4.55pm on Monday 15 June:
The University has just announced that there will be NO Ex Gratia scheme for the 2020 strike action.
We know that many of you have been waiting for this information and will be disappointed by this news. You can make a complaint about the strikes' impact on your studies by emailing [email protected] by 17 July 2020.
If you have any questions, or want someone to look over your complaint, please email our Student Union Advice Service on [email protected].