No upcoming dates - see all dates
- Introductions - Chair
- What is a members’ meeting - Officers
- Confirmation of Items for Any Other Business - Chair
- Items for Discussion: Three pandemic scenarios for student feed in:
1) A softening of restrictions due to a successful vaccine. This may not mean a complete return to normal but would be similar to the period following the first lockdown, where pubs/restaurants began to reopen and reasonably-sized groups could meet up both outside and indoors.
2) Similar to Autumn term (without the recent lockdown). Small groups are able to meet and local lockdowns are still common.
3) National lockdown. Teaching may or may not still be permitted by the government, but the safety of this is in question by experts and those who are delivering teaching and other services on campus.
- Going through what you would like to see from the University around 4 topics: Learning, Support, Housing, and Activities.
- Students vote on top demands
- Any Other Business - To consider any other business notified earlier
- Close of Meeting
Come along to the first All Members Meeting which will focus on what you’d like from next term and give you the chance to vote on what you would like to see.
An all members meeting is a democratic structure that the Students’ Union hasn’t used in many years. It’s open to all students at Sussex and is a space where students can directly have their views heard and help shape the stance the Students’ Union takes when making decisions and talking to the University. In this meeting you can expect to hear have your say on the issues discussed and vote on what you’d prefer the stance of your Students’ Union to be.
This event will be streamed to Facebook, however to vote and to have your say you will have to be present in the zoom call (cameras are not required to be on). If you have any questions or enquiries please feel free to email [email protected].
Register your place to be sent the zoom link and reminder in advance. The zoom link will also be posted on this event closer to the time.