The roles of your elected Officers have changed!
Why has this happened?
In the 2019 Spring referendum, Sussex students voted for the Students’ Union to introduce a full-time International Students’ Officer. We can only have six full-time Officers, so we undertook a review of what the other Officer roles should be alongside the International Students’ Officer. This involved research with students including 2 surveys, 10 focus groups and 61 interviews.
The new Officer roles:
Informed by our research with students, Exec have decided on the following 6 Full-time Officers:
- International Students’ Officer
- Education and Employability Officer
- Wellbeing Officer
- Diversity, Access and Participation Officer
- Societies, Sports and Events Officer
- Student Living and Sustainability Officer
Alongside these full-time Officers, there will be the following Part-time Officers:
- Students with Disabilities Officer
- BAME Officer
- Women’s Officer
- LGBTQ+ Officer
- Trans and Non-binary Officer
- Postgraduate Taught Officer
- Postgraduate Research Officer